Cylinder Heads

Although extremly windy,this weekend, it did not prevent me doing some work..

Got around to looking at the cylinder heads.
I couldnt stand to see one component on the bike staying that horrible brown/orange rust color. Although not getting any worse, it was a sore sight to see, especailly when everything else on the bike is all shiny and new!

although the long term plan is to get then professianlly blasted and powder coated, at the current time, i dont have the funds to do so. this said i had a damn good go at it my self.
(who knows, if i get my self a air compressor in the future, perhaps  can just blast them myself?)

anyway, i got my wire brushes, and cleaning discs out, many small pokey, scrape-y items, sandpaper and other abrasives and got to work.. (forget to take a before, but hjeres an old pic of the sate of the cylinder heads..



then a a load of layers of  extremem high temp paint and now it looks like this:


a vast improvement if you ask me..

now to do the same for the right..

Popular Posts